Chris' African/mbuna Journal

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I'm working on setting up my first mbuna tank and you've given me some ideas. Great tank you have there! :good:

a little late in replying but thanks

havent updated this for a while now.
the fish are growing and i have just seen to little fry swimming about under the rocks. ive only seem 2 at one time. i had no idea about them until my sister called me in saying theres a baby fish, didnt see any fish holding but there is alot of hiding space's so will have to see what the are when they grow up. i have a feeling there afra's due to the slight blue tint to them

the rocks are now coverd in algea and i never though i would say it but it looks 10x better with algea.

i havent sent alot of time on it recently due to being really busy. (this is the first day i have been free for about 3+ months.) ive just been able to keep up with the water changes. but will give the tank a good scrub tommorow and will try and take a few pics for you all.

chris

THIS TANK IS NOW FOR SALE :( see below link. hopefully will start keeping cichlids again when i find room in another part of the house.

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I just had to sell my mbuna tank (in fact the guy is picking up today), since I'm moving out of state. Don't worry, you'll set another on up eventually, can't keep a good mbuna keeper down for long. :D

THIS TANK IS NOW FOR SALE :( see below link. hopefully will start keeping cichlids again when i find room in another part of the house.

I'm sorry to hear that. :( I just had to sell my mbuna tank (in fact the guy is picking up today), since I'm moving out of state. Don't worry, you'll set another on up eventually, can't keep a good mbuna keeper down for long. :D

glad you found a buyer! i hope i dont have to split it up. fair bit of time went into it but doubt people will pay much for a tank with fish and i hope they would look after them as wll as i did etc. good lcu k on the move and hope you have me luck than me trying to find room for the 'new' tank

Sorry to hear that chris... sure you'll be back soon!!

i hope so.

im trying to re arange the office/spare bedroom to fit the tank in somehow as well as a sofa and desk :crazy:

im all ready back to keeping mbuna's. :rolleyes:

decided to keep the tank after talking to my mum. (who also admitted she likes it when its clean)

couldnt bear to see it go tbh too much time/effort

chris

im all ready back to keeping mbuna's. :rolleyes:

decided to keep the tank after talking to my mum. (who also admitted she likes it when its clean)

couldnt bear to see it go tbh too much time/effort

chris

CONGRATS!!!! It's always nice when mum changes her mind. :good:

hi all

the tanks been down the shed for the last 4/5 months now as we've pretty much redecorated the whole house room by room. my bedroom was done about 1 month ago and im now moving everthing around again to fit my tank in :)

so im sure within the next month or so i will be posting more pictures once the new stand has arrived

Any update?

LB

Well i have go it on its new stand (since about December)

the rock has been redone but i still prefer the older look and still need to add more to this one.

i think i still have the same stocking. however 2 fish died which where replaced.

i will try and get some photo's tomorrow.

sorry its been so long

chris

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back