Chocolate Cake

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Qays

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recipies for a nice chocolate cake?

I'm looking for somthing failry simple, and weight measurements should be in either grams or ounces.

I hope it isnt too complicated either because im still a newbie at cakes.

I make all my cakes using 6, 6, 6 and 3.

6oz flour
6oz sugar
6oz butter
3 eggs

When I am making chocolate cake, I sling in 1oz cocoa and a bit less flour (but not a whole oz less!) and the very best way to make it good is to go buy a tub of Betty Crocker chocolate frosting and use that to fill it and ice it all over.

depending on whether it's required to look pretty or just give you a sugar buzz, I also decorate it with whole glace cherries.

So easy....in fact, while I was typing this I actually think I have a picture of the last one of these I made (husband's birthday), I'll have a look....ah, here it is:

dancake.jpg

Dig those wobbly candles! :lol:

Strangely some of the best cakes I've made have been with my new 'I don't need to measure' system on improvised recipies. For instance, I had soem melted chocolate left, so I mixed in some soft brown sugar and butter, added an egg and some flour. Fantastic.

mmmm suzie that cake looks nice :drool: can you make me one :D

hmmm shipping might make it a bit expensive though lol

I wish I had a big chocolate cake right now :(

We bought these little pink and white stripey sponge slices at the shop tonight and I was just about to dig into one after tea and Dylan went mad "NO Mommy! they're for breakfast!" - so I have been forbidden to eat one :(

We traditionally have some sort of cake on a Sunday morning before we go to the carboot sale at 7am, then we have a full cooked breakfast when we get home. Still, I wish I could at least of had one of those pink&white things tonight.

Most reactions

Back