Cherry Shrimps Survival Rate with Betta & ADF?

lyss202

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I have a 3 gallon shrimp tank that I originally just bought 4 cherry shrimp to live in. As time has passed one cherry shrimp already gave birth, so now I have about 16 shrimp total! I thought that was pushing it for a 3 gallon tank, and then I noticed that 2 more cherry shrimp are berried!!
I also have a 10 gallon tank with a Betta fish and an African Dwarf Frog, so I was thinking I could add some shrimp to that? Most of my shrimp are young though, and will be about 2 months old when all the new baby shrimp are born.
Would it be okay to add my 2 month old Cherry Shrimps to my 10 gallon Betta/ADF tank? They are both planted but my 10 gallon has a heater and a slower current filter. The PH is also quite a bit higher. I also don't want all of them to get eaten, but I would understand if a few of them did since its the cycle of life..
Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated!

Shrimp have a super low bioload, so I wouldn't think 16 or even more would over-crowd a 16 gallon. You could try adding any not well coloured culls to the other tank, knowing they'll likely be eaten. If you have a shrimp population boom, you could always sell some batches now and then and have them help pay for their upkeep! ;)

I don't cull my colony, but when selling some fish and shrimp, I even sold a big batch of wild coloured culls to someone who didn't care about colour, just wanted some shrimp to eat algae and biofilm. They're pretty popular. :)

Most reactions

Back