Cherry Shrimp Breeding

rocknurworld2006

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
when cherry shrimp are breeding are he eggs suppose to be green?

what stage are they at when they are yellow?

Some of them have green eggs, some yellow and some slightly brown, they get clearer looking as they come close to hatching. I read somewhere that the green eggs show that there are wild genes in the popluation, I dont know if thats true or not.

Some of them have green eggs, some yellow and some slightly brown, they get clearer looking as they come close to hatching. I read somewhere that the green eggs show that there are wild genes in the popluation, I dont know if thats true or not.

how long does it take for them to hatch i have about 6 with eggs at the moment and a few saddled

Well if it is, the red genes in mine must be dominant. ;) My females all have bright green eggs, and all of my specimens (not including males) including their offspring end up a bright unbroken red. No wild types anywhere amongst them. :D Shame really, as planning on putting wild type heteropoda's in my daughters set up when it's ready. lol

Ade

Most reactions

Back