Cherry Barb Eggs

shortymet55

Fishaholic
Joined
Sep 23, 2007
Messages
468
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Maryland
What do Cherry Barb eggs look like? I saw a male chjase a male into some thick plants, then sorta wrap around her and she tried to get away, but then I saw two things that looked like small bubbles (clear, round, small), but they went into the gravel instead of floating to the top like a bubble. Now the male is chasing everything away that comes close to him.
 
I think its confirmed. I saw them do it two more times. Males chases female, they weave around the same plant, the male wraps around female, a little clearish white ball drops. Only thing odd is I only see one ball each time. Could be missing some in the plants thou.
 
Probably not then.. they release about 200 eggs each time.

Then they go around eating as many as they can find afterwards..
 
I actually read somewhere, its not odd for them to drop 1-3 at a time, but they just repeat it over and over until 200-300 eggs are out. I mean every time the male wrapped around the female, I saw a ball float out from the plant, which I had never seen before. Still not 100% sure, but my Angel fish sure did enjoy one of the eggs.
 
My cherry barbs do exactly the same thing...male wriggles up against the female, she almost turns over and then jets out a few eggs and they do that over and over for hours...eventually, the whole community is well fed on the eggs they gobble up, and there are never any left. I tried to save a few, but I don't think they ever had a chance to get fertilized and they didn't ever hatch.

It's definately eggs though...no question.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top