CF

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

kenneth_kpe I'm not sure where you find yours, but I get mine from almost any hardware store. Full spectrum is mostly 5000K-6500K. Tri phosfor light keeps it power for 90% of its life time but does shift in color/spectrum? make sense?

im not sure what full spectrum bulbs really are... and i doubt if its complete there it would be complete here too, im even having a hard time finding osram lumilix de lux here, and its very common in other countries.. is the first bulb that i posted a full spectrum one ? or basically a daylight bulb ? :)

anybody there ? :( just checked with germany , my sis called and the osram fluora bulbs cost only 2 Euro... dang hahaha :D what are full spectrum bulbs ? :)

The first lamp you posted has a very peaky spectrum. The second lamp has a much fuller spectrum, it has at least some radiation right across the visible range.

If you look at the depth penetration graph I posted, the spectrum at the surface is a decent approximation of the suns light. A lamp with a similar spectrum would be ideal of course, but the phosphor technology at present means lamps like that are very complicated, and consequently expensive.

Buy or build yourself a spectroscope and compare what you see from your light bulbs to the sun. Use the sun as a guide of "FULL SPECTRUM" :nod:

eeek did anybody actually try splitting the spectrum b4 ? :D hehehe using a err... crystal pyramid or something ? :) im planning to use daylight 6500K bulbs actually :D and try to mix it with really good bulbs that im still looking for:D would that be a good idea ? :D

Here is what I use in my tank - a combination of Daylight triphosphor tube with high CRI and Gro-lux. That way the plants can get their 'special light' for photosynthesis and we humans can also see the true colours of the fish and plants (due to high CRI). Infact the Grolux has its other uses as well - the fish show off colours which you cant see under the normal lights :)

im planning to do the same to0 :) im in the right track i think :D im gonna use 2 toshiba aquarium plant bulbs and 2 daylight CF's and hope that it turns out well....

Most reactions

Back