Celestial Pearl Danio/ Danio Margaritatus

Valmyre

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, I recently came accross the Danio Margaritatus on the WEB and i love em', I have rang around all my ''local'' fish shops and no one stocks them.

Has anyone managed to procure these lil fellows in the south of England?

You can't import them anymore to the best of my knowledge as they are were over fishing locally, but you certain people are breeding them in the UK.

I sold most of mine off earlier this year (just got 8 left which I'm selling in Ebay right now).

Check around you may find a local breeder, if not try Aquarist Classified to see if you can get a hold of some.

I think the best answer is yes and no!

You wont find any wild stock for sale any more, I'm sure i read they have been banned for export.

I have seen these in 2 shops near me, one selling for £2.50 and one for £3 each. At this price I'm guessing these have been sold to the shop by a local enthusiast rather than imported, (i've read prices of £10+ for this 1 inch fish when they first came available.) I think your best chance of finding some would be to check for sale sections on as many forums as possible until some come up for sale in your area!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back