What's new

Cat Litter

DrRob

It's life Jim, but not as we know it.
Retired Moderator
Reaction score
It'll clear.

Big lump of floss and a small internal filter sorted mine out in no time.

OP
I

isadorala

Reaction score
Just general floss for teeth? Or do you mean some kind of different type of floss?

sadguppy

Reaction score
Filter floss! Or filter wool, if you prefer. It is a bit like sticking cotton wool in your filter.

OP
I

isadorala

Reaction score
Owww, lol

Never realised it was called that, silly me

Don't worry, I won't use dental floss

Rebel1970

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Tesco Low Dust kitty litter is available in the USA? Or is there different kinds of kitty litter that will work? Thanks in advance.

greenmumma141

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Tesco Low Dust kitty litter is available in the USA? Or is there different kinds of kitty litter that will work? Thanks in advance.
Ive looked and I can't find tesco, maybe try searching for an all natural or organic litter?? I tried "low dust" but came up with zilch. GL

chokko

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
anyone got a close up shot of what the kitty litter actually looks like in the tank ?

I've got a bigger tank on order and it's going to be for corys, corys and more corys...so i am open to options for best possible substrate (if there is a better option)

I got some river sand from hardware store today, but it doesnt seem anywhere near as smooth as the playground sand i have been using in other 2 tanks:
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/385096-panda-cory-fry-questions/

JenCliBee

PleC & CorY MaD
Reaction score
Although cat litter is fine in a tank environment, on the condition as mentioned that it's washed well.... it's not the best substrate for cory's, they cant dig in it and wont show full natural behaviour..... IMO sand is the only choice... not only for the natural side but to avoid any unnecessary cuts and abrasions it may cause.

Ive used cat litter many many many times in planted tanks and i assure you, it's actually quite sharp.... many a time while washing ive manage to either cut or graze myself.

PS..... if people arnt choosing play sand due to colour, have a look a pool filter sand.... it can be got in a few colours.... the white is actually really nice but gets dirty quick.

tribalbrit

Reaction score
anyone got a close up shot of what the kitty litter actually looks like in the tank ?

I've got a bigger tank on order and it's going to be for corys, corys and more corys...so i am open to options for best possible substrate (if there is a better option)

I got some river sand from hardware store today, but it doesnt seem anywhere near as smooth as the playground sand i have been using in other 2 tanks:
http://www.fishforum...-fry-questions/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us