Carnivorous plants update

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Hello everyone! As some of you may know, around more than a year ago i purchased a small venus flytrap. i put it in full sun and now it is vibrant red and not leggy anymore. what species or strain is this flytrap, and how do i split the little babies into their own pot?

I also recently purchased a little nepenthes, and I am also wondering what type it is and how to take care of it.
Thanks!

7C1F6F39-F171-4197-8C8F-8AFE7244C99A.jpeg
420FD9A6-BE3E-41A4-92C3-9516087A2DE1.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you have to feed it bugs. I assume your home is bug free😛.
i cant really feed it bugs, since there are only tiny gnats, and it is so dry here i need to keep it in a dome lol
i feed it freeze dried worms though

Your venus flytrap is beautiful, I wish mine would grow like that. I just brought mine out of winter dormancy and it is looking rough. Nepenthes needs soft water and high humidity, depending on the cultivar or species it may need pretty high lighting as well.

Your venus flytrap is beautiful, I wish mine would grow like that. I just brought mine out of winter dormancy and it is looking rough. Nepenthes needs soft water and high humidity, depending on the cultivar or species it may need pretty high lighting as well.
thanks, ill try to find a more high light place as well
my flytrap actually didnt go dormant this year, as I was afraid the little babies would die...
i just kept it in its greenhouse

Funny enough you can feed it fish food like flakes or fine crushed pellets. Just mix it with a little water and apply it to the plant or the pitcher.

Funny enough you can feed it fish food like flakes or fine crushed pellets. Just mix it with a little water and apply it to the plant or the pitcher.
yep! one of the traps is closed because I fed it some brine shrimp mush. I hope it works

Nutrients are nutrients, no matter the form...lol.

I'm sure it's not going to spit out the mush because it's not in bug form:lol:
yep! I tried to make the brine shrimp in the mush stay intact so it could eat some "real bugs"

do you think meal worms would work? there are some in our compost piles that look pretty juicy from all the fresh veggies we give them

brine shrimp
Be careful of the potential salt content from that. CP don't like salt as a general rule (though I have found Pinguicula vulgaris on an Arctic Ocean beach in northern Iceland, so there are apparently exceptions to the generally accepted low tolerance).

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back