Cardina tanks

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ladykelly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, I'm now officially fan of shrimp. Been researching on cardina shrimp and decided to try my hands with them. At 1st I wanted to start small buy 3 from big Al's but I saw a add on kijiji for a local breeder selling crystals red and black 10 for $25.00. 3 days later I now have 11 (he gave me one for free) i decided this also be better because big Al imports their fish which I find 50/50 that they survive. They are in my 5 gallon tank for now ...I want to set of a 10 gallon (have one in storage that's not in use) for them but not sure if moving them from 3 different tank be healthy.... they going fine in 5 gallon. One even shell its skin successfully. Yeah:) any advice?

15832734422605118080190233049635.jpg

I started my 30 gallon shrimp tank over 4 months ago and have ghost shrimp. I would have used a 5 or 10 gallon tank but they do not fit on the stand I have. I also have several unused tanks sitting around. If you can get the water conditions and temp the same between both tanks it should not be a major issue. I had guppies for awhile in with the shrimp. After I took them out it seems the shrimp are more active.

Attachments

• 20200117_210609.jpg
    20200117_210609.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 64
Cardina are very sensitive to changes in water. You can move them but you would probably be best to switch over your water and filter, then drip another 5 gals of as near the same parameters as you can once they are in

Cardina are very sensitive to changes in water. You can move them but you would probably be best to switch over your water and filter, then drip another 5 gals of as near the same parameters as you can once they are in
Your way does sound better

I started my 30 gallon shrimp tank over 4 months ago and have ghost shrimp. I would have used a 5 or 10 gallon tank but they do not fit on the stand I have. I also have several unused tanks sitting around. If you can get the water conditions and temp the same between both tanks it should not be a major issue. I had guppies for awhile in with the shrimp. After I took them out it seems the shrimp are more active.
@Retired Viking can I have ALL of your unused tanks?lol I can never get enough

I hope to be able to use them in the future if I can convince the wife. But if I can talk her into a 75 or 100 gallon then they are all yours. ;)
Yay. I'm sure I dont need more but my 20 gallon broke a year ago so I want a new one haha

That's my worry they seem fine in 5 gallon right now but I think to small for 11 of them even with 2 filters. Plus i want to give them more plants and even a small drift wood like my 29 gallon had set up. Very proud of that tank :)
15832763979223932958741807478901.jpg

Btw theres fish but the went to far end of tank. Sigh swear they knew I was taking pictures.....

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back