Canister Filter For Bio-Filtration Only?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

symon_say

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I want to do a diy canister filter (i like building things) cause i have most of the parts around home, including the pump, but i already have good filtration on my tank, cause i have a aquaclear 70 and aqueon 55 there, but my plan is to use the canister as biofilter only, and fill it with some media for bio filtering, what do you think about this??

Do it! Couldn't hurt right? You can easily fill the filter for super cheap with plastic pot scrubbers or sponges and it would cost very little.

Make sure you keep a log so we can all see how you did it. i did something similar with a home made sump! Check you some of the you tube videos for some pointers

This should definitely work..I look forward to pictures.

You will need a mechanical pre filter or you`ll end up with a canister full of sludge

I just made a bio filter for my 400 apple snails their waste is huge and the filter is great DIY. I got a empty 1.5lite coke bottle, made four holes in to top and approx 20 small ones on the bottle neck, filled it 50% with k1 media and poped and air line through. it was that good i made a small one with a luckazade bottle for my shrimp :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back