🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

connorlindeman

The Past Master
3x Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
1669745425205.png

renardanderson_

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m looking for some help identifying a fish I bought a little while ago and I hope this is the right thread. I believe when I bought the fish the store in which I got it had its scientific name written down on the tank and as you could imagine I cannot remember for the life of me what it was. After some extensive research I found the name of it when sunucu kiralama I first got it but haven’t been able to find it again. Attaching a picture of it now, it eats and preys upside down, mostly live guppies or frozen shrimp, and usually has the black bar running down the side of its yellow body, but sometimes changes patterns slightly depending on its mood. It’s about 4-5 inches and always uses its dorsal fins to anchor itself to the bottom or a structure in the tank. Thanks in advance!
They need to be kept in large groups. Really cool little fish

Last edited:

Ichthys

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
It is Butis butis. They can vary their pattern from stripey to brown to mottled, to try to stay camouflaged. (If you Google Image it there are some that are stripey like yours on the first page).

They’re called Crazy Fish because they’ll launch themselves like a little missile at fireflies in the bushes and trees beside the water at night. They’ve also been known to launch themselves at lit cigarettes.

Last edited:

Most reactions