Can I Have Clown Loaches?

tom_os

fish
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
1,483
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Devon, England
i have a 55gal tank, roma 240.

could i have a group of clowns or would it be too small

edit: actually im guessing its too small because they need to be in groups dont they.

what kind of larger pleco could i have, preferable just one or two

cheers
 
hey

like truck said, no for clowns ;(

for plecs, you could get some Bristlenose plecos? or a group of pitbull plecos?

good luck!
 
Clowns are slow growing, so you could have a group for a while until the need to be homed in a larger tank, which would for long term health and happiness need to be 5/6ft. But this would be a few years down the line I suspect as like I said, they grow fairly slowly.
 
yup im with minx yes you can, they will ned rehoming eventually but thats yrs away yet. and they prefer to be in groups of 3 or more :)
 
What type of Plecs do you like and what's available to you?
For that size tank, I wouldn't get one that reaches more than 7-8".
Have a look at this to get a beter idea of what Plecs are more commonly available:

30 Plecos under 8"
 

Most reactions

Back
Top