Calling All Forum Admins

I pretty much singlehandedly moderate the biggest independent music site in europe, and have been for the last 3 years. The site itself takes 11,000 unique hits a day, so, I by no means talk from lack of experience.

We use PHPBB and have got on with it fine, bar 1 occasion. A popular PHPBB flaw was discovered and the site was hacked. The database was kept, the users still intact, but all the threads were plopped into a single forum. Quite the disaster. At this time I wasn't able to employ security fixes, and the guy who was simply forgot.

PHPBB is very customisable and easy to use. I currently started another site, using the same phpbb forums and they were a breeze to set up for the first time. I recommend them, but by no means are they perfect. Be sure to always check for security updates at the excellent phpbb.com site, which has some of the best support features on the web in my experience.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy it :)

I happen to not stand phpBB. Or vBulliten. I only like Invision Power Board or InvisionFree. Sure, phBB is popular, probably easier to use, but InvisionFree gives more options. The v2 is comming out this year, with alot of new features. I'd personally go with IPB or IF. Though when the v2 of IF comes out, it'll be called ZetaBoards.

Most reactions

Back