Cafe Auction

kribensis12

I know where you live
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
8,679
Reaction score
593
Points
113
Location
Peoria, Illinois
I got back from the Champaign Area Fish Exchange tonight. It was a blast. It didn't finish till about 8:30 ( took FOREVER!). I bought several things, and sold several things. I sold 7 Bristlenosed Pleco's( got like 10 bucks for them), and sold 1 large piece of driftwood that I bought for 2 dollars( got 20 off it!), and I sold 2 smaller pieces ( made like 2 bucks off them), and then I sold 2 Male Kribensis( 1 sold for 6, the other 1).

I bought a pair of angels( gold's) for 1 dollar. Only because 1 was almost dead( going into shock, barley moving). A man rebaged them for me, adding 1 gallon of medicated oxygenated water. Then, the surprise, he added a quarter piece of Aspirin! It apparently blocks the pain and takes them out of shock. The fish made a full recovery in a little over an hour. It's now doing fine. I also bought some Blue Pearscale Angels(3), and some Sunset Blushing Angels(3). I also bought a heater for 4 bucks, and for 1 dollar I got over like 20 dolalrs worth of med's( mixed bag).

I will have pictures up tommorow, after the fish have settled down. All the blushing and pearscales are eating and swimming around like normal.

So, after making 30 bucks off fish ect., I spent 17 dollars on fish(ect.) , 6.50 on gas, and 7 dollars on food. Leaving me about 50 cents poorer than before!
 
50 cents poorer than before :lol: that's typical with fishkeeping!

Can't wait to see the pics.
 
It was a good auction, their busiest in about 3 years. I spent all of $10, cleared about $27 between 5 bags sold. $17 doesn't go far when you go out to breakfast, and hit a buffet on the way home picking up the driver's tab.

All & all it was a good event, fair prices for buyers & sellers. I figures it would be a buyer's auction, should have brought more fish. I went light because we had 5 big guys crammed into one car.

I believe Tri County's auction is the next one up, get me that date & we can get it on the calendar here.
 
I can't believe how much the angels for selling for! $12 for 3 small angels! That's alot, considering the peoria auction! You usually get about 6 bucks for 3 angels! I think the Tri-County Auction is the 18th of Sept. but I am not sure. I'll find out soon. Here are some pictures:

007-21.jpg

Gold Pair

010-22.jpg

Sunset Blusher

011-18.jpg

Blue Pearscale

013-14.jpg

Blue Pearscale

015-10.jpg

Blue Pearscale

016-7.jpg

Sunsets and Pearscales

018-7.jpg

Water Stuff

020-6.jpg

E.M. Capsules

021-3.jpg

E.M. Powerder

022-4.jpg

Stress Coat

023-4.jpg

AlgaeFix


From the angel pic's, you can tell why they are called " BLue Pearscales "
 
Ohhh. The reason the water in the 1st photo is green is because I'm treating with E.M. , as you see, the upper angelfish has some torn fins.
 
haha i just treated my tank for fungus and tailrot(molly had fungus on head guppy tail rot) and mine was so green the first day it was ridiculous! haha, anyways how would one come across finding an auction in arizona? ill check this forum a bit more and see thanks for showing me this im very new to this forum :)
 
Look for a fish club of course! If not that, go to a lfs and ask around. Your sure to find someone with info for it. There are usually 2-4 a year. Our next one is in my home city, and its in Sept.
 
how would i go about joining a club lol i had no idea they even had clubs and what not till u guided me to this forum haha
 
Just ask around. That's how you find them! You might want to try google. Type in " Chandler, Arizona Fish Clubs " and see what comes up. Just go to a meeting, and see what the club is like, if you like it,talk to them about joining ect. It only cost 7 bucks for me to join ours( I'm only 15 though! )
 

Most reactions

Back
Top