Buying shrimp

myrxn

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Where would you guys say the best and cheapest (including postage) UK place to buy shrimp is? I’m trying to look but it’s tricky as all the postage is so high or it’s all out of stock

Essjay

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Have you looked at your local shops? Maidenhead Aquatics sells shrimps, though different branches sell different colours. Maybe give your local shops a ring to see what they stock?
If you want a specific type, you do need to buy on-line. I know that ProShrimp isn't selling shrimps at the moment because they don't trust couriers to get them to you overnight.

OP
myrxn

myrxn

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My local store atm didn’t have anything really, I could always take a look at Maidenhead when the lockdown is over, I think I would wanna buy some online though but I’m not sure where to get them from :/

Essjay

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
There are Ebay sellers, look at the seller's feedback if you consider buying from there. And bear in mind that some sellers make their shrimps sound better than they really are. The only other on-line shop I'm aware of is ProShrimp - when they start posting again.

ClownLurch

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Take a look on aquarists classified website. There’s always people with hundreds of shrimp to sell on there. You can search by county, subject etc.

Elephant nose 4

Fish Fanatic
Fish of the Month!
Reaction score
I bought my shrimp of ebay can't remember the name sorry but I just looked for good feedback and someone who has been selling them for a while.