Broccoli

blakwidoe

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey all well I put a broccoli stalk in my tank and left it overnight and low and behold the tops were gone in the a.m. I have used lettuce, cukes and aparagus but broccoli was a new one I thought Id try. Just some general info for all. Oh by the way I tried it in my cichlid tank with Jack Dempseys, an Oscar, Black Sharks and plecos. they really enjoyed it although I am not sure which ones ate it.

The black sharks and plecos I'm sure. Did you blanch it first? I'd love to feed broccolli to my fish ... sio full of vitamins.

no I didnt blanch it -_- was I supposed to?? eeek help, sorry I seem so dumb but until I joined this forum I didnt even know feeding veggies were a possibility

Do most fish like veggies? Don't know whether or not mine would, anyone know? They're, as it says in my sig., platys, swords, tetras, and corys.

Thanks!

Do most fish like veggies?

The question is not, do they like but what they eat in natur! If you feed your fishes bad or wrong food, they got easy this disease called "dropsy" and other diseases too. Some fishes are omnivores but some are only herbivores or carnivores.

Most reactions

Back