Breeding Zebra Danios?

fry_forever!

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 8, 2009
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
Hey guys! What are they chances that some zebra danio fry would survive if I put some marbles in my tank, let the fry hatch W/ the adults in the tank, (with a lot of coverage at the top of the tank!) and then caught them and put them in my 16 gal fry tank to be raised? Would they get eaten by the bigger fry? Could I put them in a mesh breeder net until they get larger?
I really want to breed them, but since I am super impatient, my mind is telling me I HAVE to breed them now, and I can't wait 2 months until I get that 55 gallon!
This set up will just be temporary!!! Once I get the 55 gal, I'll put the parents in there, and then put them in the 10 gal to breed, and then raise the fry in there.

BTW, are the eggs light sensitive?
THANKS! :good:
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
 
if you cover the whooe bottom of thank with marbles And Keep the adults well fed you will have very good chances of fry. if thank as enough plant cover adults can be left with there fry .
I find the best way to spawn them is to use 2 males to 1 female

the eggs are not light sensitive
 
Okay thanks! So just the marbles you buy from the dollar store will be good? They don't have any chemicals put on that can harm fish?
(I know, stupid question! :P )
Also, what do you recommend I feed the fry?
I heard that live baby brine shrimp are too big...?
Also, is it true that newborn fry are so small that they can fall through the mesh of an aquarium net?
Many thanks! :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top