Breeding/sexing

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ripil

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
hello
can anyone give me any advice on how to get my mbuna to breed? thats if there is something that i can do to help. was thinking of trying to get my melanochromis auratus to breed. their around 8 cm each and in my rio 240. they do keep swimming in rapid circles together but never seems to go any further, one is bright as any ive seen n the other is darker so im guessing one is male n one is female. short of playing some stevie wonder all day im lost to why it hasn't happened yet.

Try some Barry White
wahey.gif
rofl.gif
!!!! On a serious note, I myself am waiting to sex some of mine to get a more favorable stocking. I need to research the whole process better. Good luck.

Thanks,
Steve

lol barry white might make too many fish tho. i been trying to buy saulosi round here for months with no luck. so not what ya mean about favourable stock. hoping my afra hara come out a better colour soon but i doubt it knowing my luck, thanks for your reply steve

richard

If you can, post some pics of the auratus just to make sure you have a male and female. If you indeed have one male and one female, I would get a few more females to increase your chances. With my mbunas, I find not long after I do my weekly water changes there are usually females holding. I feed mine primarly veggie flakes and give them a couple of cubes of frozen spirulina brine shrimp.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back