Breeding Pair Of Bandit Cichlids - Guianacara Geayi

Alex.

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
This isn't for definite, but I'm giving it some serious consideration at the moment, so offers are considered.

This is a proven breeding pair of Bandit Cichlids - I didn't buy them to breed with but they ended up being a male and female and pairing up. They had around 150-200 fry a couple weeks back but in the community tank decided their own food was more important than protecting their fry at feeding time so they unfortunately didn't last. They are already displaying breeding behaviour again.

To be honest they've been fascinating, they're both between 4-5" at the moment and are good sized full bodied cichlids. They are a dark green tint usually but really get striking markings when in breeding mode. I'll pop some pics up ASAP.

They have never caused a problem with tank mates until one of my fish lost an eye and they are the main suspects. Genuinely though they are peaceful cichlids my main reason for selling is I already have 3 tanks due to fry from apisto's and after dipping my toe into saltwater don't want a 4th tank for yet more fry!

These fish aren't easy to find - I paid £40 for the pair when they were smaller.

They're kept in a slightly acidic tank ph wise and I believe this is best for them - incidentally I had one tetra with suspected ich and added salt and upped the temp to 28 degrees and this seemed to spark breeding. Maybe the temp increase is how to get them going?

Location is Bolton - BL1

Quantity - 2 (1 male 1 female)

I will not post under any circumstances.

Price: I want at least £50 or ill simply keep them.

Pics added soon...

21563201.jpg

25211393.jpg

97309318.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Back