Breeding Corys

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Heyjeyniceid

Reaction score
Hi all,

just wondering if most corys are easy to breed and raise. My LFS just got a new batch of one of the most amazeing cory species Ive ever seen, Corydoras gossei.
Theyre $20 a piece though.

I maybe plan to get 5 (ouch) and was wondering if they would breed in a 55 tank with ease? I plan to have community fish and also shady spots for them to retreat to once in a while.

Hi Heyjeyniceid :)

You are so lucky to have an opportunity to buy some of these beautiful little corys! They are on my "must have" list and I just missed getting some of them last week. My lfs had finally got some but someone came in and bought them all! :/

Here's a link with a picture so that other members can see the fish we are talking about:

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/calli...ydora/388_f.php

Corys are not usually difficult to breed and, while some may take a little tinkering with their environment to stimulate them to spawn, it can usually be done. Have you bred corys before? :unsure:

I would buy those gossei's in a heartbeat!!!!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

God, I want them so badly, but im a starving student :sad:

I know once i get the money though, I wont be able to find them anywhere.

Ive never bred Corys before.

Hi Heyjeyniceid :)

I remember what it was like to be a starving student! :X

I'm sure you will have another opportunity to get these corys. In the meanwhile, since you've never bred corys, why not get 5 or 6 C. aeneus, either bronze or albino? I think of these as being "basic corys."

They spawn readily and are an excellent choice for beginning breeders. If you have an independent lfs, that is able to buy your fry, you will probably find that they will be happy to buy them or trade for fish or supplies. Mine will buy all the corys I can raise to about an inch long. :nod:

Good luck. If I can help, I'll be happy to!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back