bought mew filter.

Sarkis

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
bought a Fluval 304. Tank is a 46 gallon. I have a top fin 40 on there now. I wanted more filternation. I was told this is a really good type of filter. I have not opened it yet wanna know if its good or i will return it.

Its a good filter, fluvals arent quite as good as the eheims though imo

maestro said:
Its a good filter, fluvals arent quite as good as the eheims though imo
i know i read reviews, but where i live this is about as good as i could find. Its this or i was goin to buy a penguin 300 with two bio wheels. Should i buy the penguin instead

if you're having trouble finding a good filter in your area you could always order online. i've found that www.thatpetplace.com sells things for about half what they cost at my LFS. might want to check there too. :)

The fluval canister range is good as far as filtration goes, but the build quality is not as good as the eheim range. I have heard of trouble with the plastic clips breaking, but not sure if they still use these. Also I have seen a few threads on here about fluvals leaking and never seen one about an eheim leaking. But that said, the eheim are expensive and if its just extra filtration you are after, go for it.

Jon

i installed the filter. I have one question. It is produced a very strong current. It splashes a lot of water around. Can in exhasust nozzle be placed underneath the water surface?

Most reactions

Back