Bog Wood

CTlovesKS

Fish Herder
Joined
Apr 26, 2009
Messages
1,124
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Dorset
I put a piece of bogwood in my tank a few weeks back. I washed it and soaked it before putting it in my tank. Since being in my tank with my catfish and 2 danios, it seems to be growing a fungus type thing on it. Its slimy and white and kinda fluffy looking. I have washed it off but it seems to be growing back again. My water is fine (Have done tests) so Im wondering what it actually is called and is it good or bad? :unsure:
 
Its a fungus, it will go away on its own and is harmless.
 
Okay thanks, so I shouldnt wash it off, it will do that all itself... I thought it was going to hurt my fishys lol :D
 
Don't wash it off as it will keep growing back. Just leave it and it will die. It took 2 weeks to die on my bogwood.
 
If its the white slime mould then sometimes it never dies, it grows and rots the wood, ive had it on wood in the past, ive boiled it, baked it, bleached it the lot to no avail, i ended up binning it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top