Blue Lobster / Crayfish

Scougie

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Please look at my signature and tell me if my new Lobster was a stupid buy? (He's about 4" long) You can see who he's in with. He seems to pick a fight with anything that swims past I assume this is normal as he's trying to eat them! I was told that as my fish are mostly fast swimmers they would be fine any thoughts??

Any fish you put in there are in danger of been attacked and eaten, unless THEY like to eat crusteaceans.

:D

Teelie said:
Hmm, everything in there is a potential snack.
Yeah. Everything. Especially any bottom dwellers. I would expect them to start disappearing fairly soon, unless your lobster gets a seperate home.

\Dan

I don't think many of your fish are safe in there with him.My crayfish actually seems real peaceful,just lurking around and being in stealth mode.I rarely see him make a move towards the feeder fish I put in with him.And they,silly fish that they are,will sometimes swim right up and around him within what looks like easy reach.He doesn't budge when they do this.At first this worried me.But he bides his time and when he is ready he gets what he wants.It must be quick,because one minute the fish is swimming about, and the next thing ya know it is being lunch for the cray.I wouldn't keep yours in with anything that you aren't willing to see eaten.

Koda

The one in the tank at school that one of the classrooms has waits till night to "catch dinner", when the fish are asleep and drifting.

ALASKA

Most reactions

Back