Blue eye breeding (maybe)

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi all

Hope everyone is well?!

So, I have often seen the breeding behaviour between my little guys, get boisterous and chase each other around flaring their fins. But this time is a bit different. This little guy has been very territorial with the side of the filter, any fish that comes remotely close in and around the parameters of the filter he is out chasing them away with all fins flared and then he quickly swims back and checks on the side of the filter. I see no eggs present but maybe he’s getting ready for one of the little ladies to spawn?

Attachments

• F870CFC0-7A08-4828-8CBA-E8F1107167F5.jpeg
    F870CFC0-7A08-4828-8CBA-E8F1107167F5.jpeg
    273.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 93F1A666-3A94-4177-9B57-3BC32C8FAF92.jpeg
    93F1A666-3A94-4177-9B57-3BC32C8FAF92.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 44
He has prpbably decided that this bit of the tank is his, though whether that is a prelude to sawning you'll have to wait and see.

Pseudomugils attach their eggs to leaves or similar so you may not see eggs. People who want to breed them use spawning mops so they can move the mops plus eggs to a different tank.

He has prpbably decided that this bit of the tank is his, though whether that is a prelude to sawning you'll have to wait and see.

Pseudomugils attach their eggs to leaves or similar so you may not see eggs. People who want to breed them use spawning mops so they can move the mops plus eggs to a different tank.

Yes I have read they like to spawn on leaves, java moss or spawn mops and in warmer conditions but my tank is sitting at 23-24 degrees as I’m fighting off the last of this bacterial infection. This is the first time I have ever seen one so territorial like this in all the time I have kept them. But I did see after I posted this a little lady of his kind went in his bubble area and he was okay with that. They had a bit of a dance around and she left and he went back to checking all up the side of the filter.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back