Blue Angelfish Growth Log

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dominus_XVIII

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Haven't posted here in really long time. Much of my time has been taken up by college and work, but luckily summer is just a week away for me. I purchased about 100 platnuim blue x blue zebra angel fry today, from individual in my area. Currently drip acclimating the fry to my 46 gallon bowfront with 2 sponge filters and they're still going strong. Started acclimating them around 1:35pm this afternoon, so they should be ready to be transferred into their new tank at 5:35pm.
Planning to feed them bbs as the stable, along with microworms and powdered Northfin Krill Gold pellets every couple of days. I'll try getting pics of the brood either Saturday or sunday. Until then I'' keep everyone posted :)

Ooh this sounds like a fun project! What are your plans with the fry? Are you going to attempt to breed or sell them off as they get older? Very curious here.

attibones said:
Ooh this sounds like a fun project! What are your plans with the fry? Are you going to attempt to breed or sell them off as they get older? Very curious here.

Planning to grow them out and put the few I decide I keep into a 200 gallon display. The rest I'll most likely sell and put the money into other projects (A breeding pair of altum angels maybe?) or savings.

Fed the fry a mix of microworms in the morning followed by baby brine shrimp for the remainder of the day.
Here's quick FTS of the 46 gallon bowfront I have the fry in, you can't see all of them though. A good number of the fry are towards the bottom of the tank, blending into the colour of my substrate. I apologize for the blurry pic.

ETEhpVK.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back