Blood Worm's

newcastlelas

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Newcastle upon tyne (england)
I was looking on ebay, and i came across this (link below) 9 packets of frozen blood worm, each containing 100G. so really 900G of Frozen BW .. :D

Ebay link (click here!)

Don't know if its a good deal or not as i have never bought blood worm's or know of any price's for that matter.. let me know what you all think

Leann
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi newcastlelas :)

I live in the U.S. and don't know if that's a good price for you or not, but if you have small meat eating fish (or omnivores) blood worms are excellent food for them. Since they are frozen, it's probably better to buy them locally so you can get them into your freezer quickly. Any good lfs will probably stock them in a variety of sizes.

If you can use that much of them, try to buy them in slab type packages rather than divided up into small portions. It's easy enough to break it up into pieces and defrost just what you need at feeding time and this will usually be a much better bargain. You will save the cost of shipping too.

I buy one pound slabs (454 grams) of Hikari bloodworms for $9.00 U.S.
 
i think the average is around £1.50 in uk shops so tbh thats a bit overpriced :(
 
Bloodworms are great as a supplementary food, but shouldn't be fed exclusively...and 900 grams of bloodworms is A LOT of fish food. I only buy the 3.5 oz (~99 gram) packs because I simply can't use more than that before the pack should be tossed. All foods (frozen or not) do expire eventually.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top