Bloated Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

julia298

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi Posted this on emrgencies. maybe its not quite an emergency. Sorry guys if you already read it.

I dont really know whether some of my fish are bloated, fat or whether thats just their shape. I did think earlier that the ones with really full bodies were females but they do look overly big to me.

ive looked up pics in bks and on the net to compare. they have been this shape a long time so i dont think they are ill and they swim around fine,water is perfect etc but am worried in case they are ill and im doing nothing to treat it.

I wondered whther i need to change their diet.
Im giving them flakes evryday twice a day ( used to be 3 times a day) and freezedried bloodworm now and again. Any advice welcome.

oops... theyre 3 fat danios 1 fat cherry barb

Hi Posted this on emrgencies. maybe its not quite an emergency. Sorry guys if you already read it.

I dont really know whether some of my fish are bloated, fat or whether thats just their shape. I did think earlier that the ones with really full bodies were females but they do look overly big to me.

ive looked up pics in bks and on the net to compare. they have been this shape a long time so i dont think they are ill and they swim around fine,water is perfect etc but am worried in case they are ill and im doing nothing to treat it.

I wondered whther i need to change their diet.
Im giving them flakes evryday twice a day ( used to be 3 times a day) and freezedried bloodworm now and again. Any advice welcome.

oops... theyre 3 fat danios 1 fat cherry barb

Try feeding them some peas. If its a case of constipation then this will help :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back