FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

WhistlingBadger

Professional Cat Herder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this picture. I took the Badgerling out to a ranch where I did some hunting earlier this fall. While we were wandering around, this huge mare and her foal came over to say hi. She obviously understands that sometimes jackets and pockets contain good things; she kept nudging the Badgerling, sniffing her pockets, and gently tugging on her sweatshirts, as if to say, "Come on, I know you've got an apple or a sugar cube in there somewhere." You can just barely see the foal peeking around from behind mom, and the Wind River foothills off in the distance. We've never been able to keep horses, but we've always been blessed with neighbors who do. My daughter absolutely loves them and they love her.

20211024_143320.jpg

That's a great moment captured in time. Far superior to egocentric selfies and people taking pictures of their meal.

Plus, "Badgerling" is an adorable nickname. I sometimes give my first graders nicknames and now they all want one. So far this year it's "Beep Beep" (Emme) and "Super Joey".

Plus, "Badgerling" is an adorable nickname. I sometimes give my first graders nicknames and now they all want one. So far this year it's "Beep Beep" (Emme) and "Super Joey".
Are you a teacher? I teach music, so I see around 450 kids (in groups of around 20), twice a week. Sometimes I just give up and call them all "Fred."
Does she whistle too ? Hahaha
No, but she's learning the flute and getting pretty good at it!

Are you a teacher? I teach music, so I see around 450 kids (in groups of around 20), twice a week. Sometimes I just give up and call them all "Fred."

Yes. I've taught 1st grade for 21 years. Still love it & my kids are great! I can only imagine how hard it is for specialsts to learn the names of 400+ kids. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back