Black shrimp, how on earth????

Rachel1320

New Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2023
Messages
20
Reaction score
2
Points
3
Location
North east uk
Hey, started off with 2 blue, 2 yellow and 2 red cherry's, had them about 8 months now, bred like crazy, and now only have yellow and wild type colours left, not fused which they turned out to be, love the little shrimp, looked this morning and found a black shrimp, just how?? Any ideas ?? Cheers
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20230427_122003627.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.webp
    PXL_20230427_122003627.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.webp
    212.1 KB · Views: 123
  • PXL_20230427_122106491.PORTRAIT.webp
    PXL_20230427_122106491.PORTRAIT.webp
    269.9 KB · Views: 134
  • PXL_20230427_122106491.PORTRAIT~2.webp
    PXL_20230427_122106491.PORTRAIT~2.webp
    141.8 KB · Views: 115
The yellows and wild type I have left, not noticed any other colours from the shimplets to adults
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20230427_122137215.PORTRAIT~2.webp
    PXL_20230427_122137215.PORTRAIT~2.webp
    160.1 KB · Views: 132
  • PXL_20230427_122143715.PORTRAIT~2.webp
    PXL_20230427_122143715.PORTRAIT~2.webp
    144.4 KB · Views: 125
  • PXL_20230427_122238984~2.webp
    PXL_20230427_122238984~2.webp
    247.7 KB · Views: 122
They've all interbred, so goodness knows what you've got now 😅
 
If you find another black of the opposite sex you could always separate them, leave them for a few generations to see if they breed true, then sell them. Although you couldn't sell them as a named variety there should be a demand for black Neocaridinas :)
 
Cheers guys 🤣 I'm just so confused as to how a black has come out of a non black group, must be the generations somewhere down the line, also noticed I have a blue/clear stripy one too haha, I think the black may have eggs? Has a low belly, I understand to have blues,reds and yellows which is mostly what seem to have come out of shimplets, and obviously wild types with mixing colours, but black! Never expected that 🙈 lovely little things all the same, I'll keep an eye out to see if there's anymore black ones and could separate if so, be interesting to see!!
 
Reckon she has any young ens in there, looking at her belly etc ?
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20230427_135957532.PORTRAIT~2.webp
    PXL_20230427_135957532.PORTRAIT~2.webp
    119.3 KB · Views: 125
  • PXL_20230427_140037019.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.webp
    PXL_20230427_140037019.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL~2.webp
    159.6 KB · Views: 110
Even if it is a female carrying eggs, you can't know what colour the father is so the shrimplets could be anything ;)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top