Biorb filter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

garytodd

Reaction score
When I remove the filter on my 30 litre biorb loads of filtered material gets released into the tank. I then have to spend ages catching the material in a net. Is this a normal problem?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

There is also a cartridge that contains sponge and a carbon-zeolite mixture. They say to change this every 6 weeks. The cartridge is removed by pulling the uplift tube out with the cartridge attached to the bottom (I watched the video on the biorb website)

The fact that there is so much debris from the cartridge suggests either you aren't cleaning it often enough, you have too many fish, or you are feeding them too much. And yes I did say clean it not change it. You don't actually need to change it, just swoosh it around in the water you take out during a water change - and I also see they say to do a 30% water change every 2 weeks. This is not enough. You should really change 50% a week and at the same time siphon the mess from between the rocks on the bottom, which are actually the biological filter medium.

There is also a cartridge that contains sponge and a carbon-zeolite mixture. They say to change this every 6 weeks. The cartridge is removed by pulling the uplift tube out with the cartridge attached to the bottom (I watched the video on the biorb website)

The fact that there is so much debris from the cartridge suggests either you aren't cleaning it often enough, you have too many fish, or you are feeding them too much. And yes I did say clean it not change it. You don't actually need to change it, just swoosh it around in the water you take out during a water change - and I also see they say to do a 30% water change every 2 weeks. This is not enough. You should really change 50% a week and at the same time siphon the mess from between the rocks on the bottom, which are actually the biological filter medium.
I'm doing weekly water changes but only clean the filter every 3 weeks
. I've always had this problem but never asked the question.
The sponge does change colour but the waste never gets into the actual cartridge.
I always rinse the sponge but not change as advised.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Do you siphon the muck from between the rocks when you do a water change?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back