Big Water Problems In South Shields Area

Netty

Siamese Fighting Fish......The clue is in the name
Joined
Jan 18, 2008
Messages
4,271
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Cornwall.UK
I was advised today that there had been some work to water pipes in this area and the person I spoke to had lost most of her fish following water changes. Apparently her lfs had also had huge losses but the letter from the water board had only arrived that morning and was too late. It had something to do with massive PH rise.

Just wanted to let people know in case anyone is in that area and is having problems.
 
Not from the area but good to know people care!

Do you mind if i use this information on other fourms?
 
Not at all.....the more people that know the better :good:
 
I'm in North Shields, I havent had any letters or anything so I'm assuming I'm fine.

Be careful though, hopefully the water will get sorted!

Jonathan
 
I'm in North Shields, I havent had any letters or anything so I'm assuming I'm fine.

Be careful though, hopefully the water will get sorted!

Jonathan

Hi
I dont believe the general public were informed at all? I think it's just people in the business, fish farms etc...
 
advice for anyone in the area who is concerned, run off some tap water and run your usual tests on it to see if it's been affected, if it's significantly different to normal then don't use it. obviously depending on the stocking of your tank you may need to do a water change, if you do then go to a fish shop selling marines, buy some RO water, you also get a powder to add minerals back into it, use that instead. run water off every couple of days and test it, keep using the RO until your tap water returns to it's normal parameters.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top