Betta Question...

Aj86

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a 2.5g tank which i want to divide... Would i need a heater for it? What is the min size tank you need before you have to put a heater in?

It may not be a bad idea to add a small heater to the tank, they need to stay close to the low to mid 80's. Are you planning on a filter also or not.

kgrehm said:
It may not be a bad idea to add a small heater to the tank, they need to stay close to the low to mid 80's. Are you planning on a filter also or not.
Yea its going to be filtered... So you think i should buy a heater? The divider is going to be glass so the water wont be able pass through so it would be like 2 seperate tanks...

As far as filtering goes get the smallest filter you can that doesnt disturb the water lots.

Heater isnt necessary, especially in the summer, but obviously in the autumn winter when the temperatures fluctuate alot more it may be needed.

Ben

whats the best thing to filter such a small tank (2.5 gal)? I am finding it difficult to get a submersible pump that doesn't take up too much space inside the tank and don't want an external filter because then it would be more difficult to cover the tank. Also, is it necessary (or just recommended) to filter if you do water changes once or twice a week?

A filter for a tank that small is not necessary. I have a divided 2.5 gal for my bettas. I change 50% of the water every 3-4 days. I have an airstone for water circulation and for added oxygen :D

Most reactions

Back