BETTA HORROR STORY

poindexter

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So today I went into Cambridge to do some boxing day shopping and on the way out of the mall i saw a Super Pet that I have never been to. So being the fish addict that i am, we stopped in.
Went over to the fish section right away, obviously! I am obsessed with bettas so i went to find them right away. I found a whole big shelf of them in cute little glass bowls (much larger than the usual cuppy things), i thought that was great. So i said to the dude, oh cool are these all of ur bettas? and he said, oh hang on we have some more in the back. GUESS WHAT HE BRINGS OUT! a shopping basket piled with tiny bags of bettas. these bags were smaller than the size of a post it note, and they had maybe two tablespoons at the most of water in them. The guy said "yah this is how we get them shipped into us from Singapore".....
So i'm standing there practically crying, my sister said it was really obvious how upset i was ....so i told him that i was "looking for soemthing specific" and made sure to pick up every tiny baggy and place it upright in neat little rows, so that all the bettas would at the very least be able to live.
I was so shaken up by this, it has GOT to be cruelty. i think i will have nightmares tonite......i wish i could have saved them, but buying them all would only have doomed many more to this torture. *sigh*
so i guess my one request of everyone would be to boycott Super Pets bettas....after seeing this, i'll never be going back there again. phew k i'm done ranting.
~dEx :*

I hate to tell you this bro but it is not JUST that pet store. Most fish the come in from over seas and HERE are shipped that way. It is just how the world is.
Signed,
Sondan

Most reactions

Back