Best Bottom Feeder For 30 Gallon?

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
Well I think I may have a the main top and middle stock for my tank decided buuut I cant decide on my bottom feeders. I found a new fish store that sells a nice selection, here's what I found:

Skunk Cory
Panda Cory
Julile Cory
Green Cory
Chain Loach
Zebra Loach
Burmese Border Sand Loach
Bristlenose Pleco
Golden Dojo (coldwater I believe)
Coolie Loach
Botia Angelicus

I have these to choose from but am undecided. We like all of them but what does everyone else think?
 
The Panda Cory would be my preference as well. The chain loaches would be a good choice, too, as they stay quite small. I would agree that a group of 6 would be best as these fish prefer the company of their own kind.
 
i think you have overlooked khulli loaches... they are great you could have about 5 along with the corys
 
well I like the Idea of 2 BN and 6 Panda Cories or 6 Chain Loach. Coolie Loach wouldn't show up as much in my tank due to the fact I have black sand.
 
the black & orange coolie loaches might show up! if you have a group of them & there feeling secure they'll dart around everywhere & you'll see lots of them!
I had one to start with (didn't know then that they liked to be in groups) & never saw him, now i have 3 I see them all quite a lot & am planning to up the number to 6 as soon as £ allows :lol:
they are really entertaining to watch & love to wriggle through the plants.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top