Bargain Fish!

ChilliPepper

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
2,133
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Went to a well known pet chain to get some shavings and hay for my Guinea Pigs, though couldn't resist a wee look at the fish (as you do). Saw a tank with a sign on saying "all fish in this tank reduced to 75p". Would you believe it but amongst some other fish they had some Keyholes in there which I was planning on getting anyway! Was going to leave it another week but I can't resist a bargain, these fish are normally a few quid each or even a fiver at some places.
They all look OK, some of the poor sods had chewed tails but I selected the best 4 of a reasonable size. Just acclimatising now, I think they will be a lot happier in my tank!
 
Nice find, keep a close eye on them though, Im always suspicious of very low priced fish and even more suspicious of fish from certain chain shops.
 
Oh and mind the keyhole(s) with the acara, should be ok, but watch out when the acara (or GT we havent decided yet :lol:) gets bigger.
 
I was a bit suspicious at first but she said they're clearing the tank to get new stock in. The ones I chose were all swimming about - well, as much as they could in such a small tank.

All fish looked healthy, just not too happy in such a small tank bless them.

Will be keeping a close eye on them - any sign of anything wrong and they will be returned.

Oh and mind the keyhole(s) with the acara, should be ok, but watch out when the acara (or GT we havent decided yet :lol:) gets bigger.

Yep, I shall do :) I have read a lot of people have had success with Keyholes with most other cichlids so should be fine :)
 
just keep an eye on the, and if you can put them in a quarantine tank. i did this with the rams i got ..there pectoral fines where rotted away but i quarantined them and them healed up fine :good:
 

Most reactions

Back
Top