Bamboo Decor

Elrohirthehasty

Fish Crazy
Joined
Aug 5, 2008
Messages
373
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
US
Can I decorate with dried bamboo?
Yes, I know it will rot, but I remember reading in a book that you can varnish it to prevent rotting. Is there aquarium safe varnish?
 
how many coats would it need jallan? ( just interested at the guy that owns a lfs near me uses 3 coats, just wondered if it was ness)
 
2 or 3 I would say is best. If you only do 1 then there may be thin areas where the water will get to it which you don't want. 2 is probably fine but if you do 3 you can be pretty sure that it's not going to have any patches which will cause the bamboo to start degrading (which obviously you don't want after spending the time covering the bamboo and letting it dry)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top