Bad Water Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm sure they are mrj. i wasn't directing that at you more the thread starter. i seem to be annoying people here and dont mean to.

i'm a sad sod who spends too much time on here. in the process you pick up things that you want to share with other members. all i was saying is that a water change every 3 months is not enough. i know loads of people do that but unfortunatly that means loads of people have far from ideal water parameters.

just because the waters clear does not mean the toxin levels in the water are within limits. i just dont understand why people who have access to test kits dont bother to use them.

it's like having a dog and never cleaning its kennel. the difference is in a kennel you can see the waste on the floor and know when it's time for a clear up. fish wee all the time, almost constantly. you cant see it so without testing the water you have no idea how much toxin is in the water.

Some people take advice, others do not.

99% of successful fishkeepers regulaly change water 1% do not. Advocating not changing water, without a technical justification, is not going to be credible. "I do it therefore it must be fine" is not a technical justification by the way, it means that somehow you are getting away with it.

To the OP, try this advice, shut your cat in another room when working on the tank.

Since the point of the thread is resolved, I'll close this now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back