Baby guppies & their colours

terexa_d

Reaction score
Hi all....
Well it has been a while since I last posted...but here I am again with yet another question for anyone who might know...

My female guppy finally had 15 babies about 3 weeks ago (I lost one :sad: I don't know the casue) but the other 14 are well and growing by the day! (I hope I didn't jinx them by sayign that!)

I was wondering if any one knows at what stage or how long till baby guppies show their colours and sex?

Very proud owner of 1st lot of babies!
Terexa D. :D

As for sexing you can sex them at 1 week old with a magnyfing(sp) glass...

As for color goes, I have some babies that are about 2 months and they are just now starting to get their color....I would guess it just depends on how fast they mature...

Oh and by the way CONGRADS on the babies!!!! :D

Hi, i think it also depends on how much room they have to grow in and what they are eating, as to how quick you get colors and can tell without a magnefying glass. I had 14 in a 10 gallon and at about 1 month you could see that the boys were boys, but it took about another week to get most of their colors.
It seems to me that the more room they have, the faster they grow, but that might just be me. Good luck and congradulations on the fry, they are alot of fun to watch. Sandy

THANKS SANDY, PJ GUPPIES & MOUNTGUPPIES FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS... VERY HELPFUL!

I GUESS ALL GUPPIES ARE DIFFERENT AND I WILL JUST NEED TO BE PATIENT :nod:

ONCE AGAIN THANKS!
TEREXA D. 8)

Most reactions

Back