Attacked?

Demm

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
every since I got my cichlids whenever I change the water or do something that I have to put my hand in the water for my bumblebee always makes a straight line for my hand and attacks it. it never fails. whenever I walk by the tank he's there waiting for me and follows me. think its kinda funny. during a water change he's bit me twice always. the other times I pulled my hand out so he missed.

anyone else have stories or anything like that about their fish attacking them or biting them during a water change or something? lol thought itd be a funny topic. didn't see one like this on here, sorry if I missed it.

Pretty common with Mbuna and indeed most cichlids - i get it sometimes with mine, funnily enough my Crabro is the main culprit. :lol:

You wany to try it with an adult Oscar though - not always so funny. :hyper:

Mine have never bitten me out of aggression, but occasionly the p.aceis mistake my hand for food, not too surprising since everything is food as far as they're concerned. :lol:

been bit many times, i feed my fish by hand sometimes also been stabbed by handling a syno, no one ever tells you they have spikes behind the gills it really hurts i think they are mildly poisonous !

Most reactions

Back