Assasin Snail Babies?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LilyRose Tank

Fish Herder
Reaction score
About six weeks ago I saw that my assasin snails had laid about thirty beautiful eggs all over my tank. Some of these have disappeared recently, and I have come across a few tiny snails whilst doing a water change this evening. They don't have the shape of an assasin snail yet but as all the pest snails are gone, could they be assasin snails?

By the time my baby assassins where big enough to see and come out of the substrate, they looked like little bitty assassins. That pic looks like something else. I know with assassins, when they lay eggs, its one at a time on the stock of a plant. when they hatch, they immediately crawl into the substrate and feed in there until they are big enough to surface. You might still have other snails in the tank that you haven't seen in a while. When i set up a ten gallon, the only plants I put in were from my 29gl and i thought for sure there were no snails in there but i still ended up with pests in my ten gallon.

Maybe to early to tell. But I do not think it is. Assassins will have the shape in early stages as well. This one doesn't seem to have it.

That looks like a baby ramshorn snail to me.

Agreed, kinda like a Ramshorn to me.

Baby assassins are teeny little minatures of adults, so cute, unmistakeable :lol:

This is a baby assassin snail. So cute!

Don't understand how I have Ramshorn babies, lol. Never bought any. And I haven't added any new plants to the tank for them to have travelled in on. Oh well, wait and watch time, thanks x

deffinatley baby ramshorn. i have both. you would be suprised what these things can hitchike into your tank on. if you have added anything at all from your lfs you can bet thats where its come from.

As I said in my last post, not added anything to the tank other than food for the fish. Oh well I imagine the assasin snails will make a meal of him eventually thanks guys

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back