degsod
Fish Addict
Hi,
I know quite a few people on here import fish from Thailand etc, have you read the article in the June PFK? Basically it goes on about people breaking the regulations (unknowingly) when importing fish. Apparently before you can import livestock into the UK you have to have a certificate from a vet in the country of origin declaring that the fish are free from disease. This is to protect stocks in the UK.
Apparantly there are cases of people bringing in koi which are diseased and causing problems.
I must admit I did not know of the regs.
What do other people think?
I know quite a few people on here import fish from Thailand etc, have you read the article in the June PFK? Basically it goes on about people breaking the regulations (unknowingly) when importing fish. Apparently before you can import livestock into the UK you have to have a certificate from a vet in the country of origin declaring that the fish are free from disease. This is to protect stocks in the UK.
Apparantly there are cases of people bringing in koi which are diseased and causing problems.
I must admit I did not know of the regs.
What do other people think?







