Are there eggs in the bubble nest

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

nik_n

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
My blue gourmai made a nest and the female and him have been hugging. I noticed that the nest is yellow. Are these eggs or?
IMG_20210123_195520.jpg
IMG_20210123_195522.jpg

should I remove the nest. Will this traumatise the gourami. I accidentally destroyed his nest once before but he just built another one. there were no eggs in that one. If I remove the nest to try and raise the fry will this traumatise the fish or will he just forget about it soon after.

If you have a tank set up you can remove the nest by floating it into something like a 2 liter plastic container and then float it out in the new tank.

ok thank you. Do I need an air stone in there for filtration or does that come later once they are beginning to hatch.

Last edited:
ok tank you. Do I need an air stone in there for filtration or does that come later once they are beginning to hatch.
No airstone keep the water level at about 4-6 inches and put a lid on the tank. You don't want any cold drafts!!

Hello. It's been almost a day since I took the nest out. The eggs are yellow those this mean that they are fertilised? There are no wigglers but I wasn't expecting there to be any. I guess I will know for sure tomorrow morning or evening. The temp of the tank is 25°C and the water the eggs are in is from the tank. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Hello. It's been almost a day since I took the nest out. The eggs are yellow those this mean that they are fertilised? There are no wigglers but I wasn't expecting there to be any. I guess I will know for sure tomorrow morning or evening. The temp of the tank is 25°C and the water the eggs are in is from the tank. Is there anything else I should be doing?
Its just a waiting game

So update; The fry has hatched and they are standing swimming next to the edge of the tank and floating plants. I have added more water from the tank, slowly so not to disturb them. I don't have any baby brine ready, but I can get them tomorrow and feed them on Wednesday morning. Will they be fine until then? I know some fry feed on their yolk sack. Also can I feed them a mix of home raised daphnia and baby brine? Thanks and here are some pictures;

Attachments

• IMG_20210125_191840.jpg
    IMG_20210125_191840.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20210125_191846.jpg
    IMG_20210125_191846.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20210125_191908.jpg
    IMG_20210125_191908.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 47
I would feed these egg yolk as in my thread " First Food " . They are way to small for brine shrimp at this stage. Wait until they are free swimming about 48 hours.

perfect thank you. The temperature in the tank is between 24-25°C. Is that warm enough or should I try to raise the temperature? Also should I add the air-pump now (set to the lowest setting or) wait until they are free swimming? Thank you

Leave the temperature where it is. No airstone for this little guys, once they have been free swimming for a couple of days put an air driven sponge filter on the tank on low

Oh my days is that what gourami eggs look like ...
Must be 500+ eggs there

Oh my days is that what gourami eggs look like ...
Must be 500+ eggs there
I don't know how much there are they are so tiny. I know there is more then ten and if they survive I would be really happy.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back