are guppys cool to have????

thebulk said:
I agree with rameses.

The really fancy guppies, the ones you pay a heap for will die reletively easily as they are not hardy at all and have been bred in very exact conditions

The less colourful ones it is hard to kill them (not that ive tried) but they are very hardy. (hardy ha ha)

The very expensive male gups are like trying to keep Seahorses alive (My seahorse in my marine tank is going strong (1 1/2 months)) yeehah!

B)
you have a seahorse they are so cool!! i want salt water tank i love clown fish the best

You see.......I bought these very fancy guppies,three pairs to be exact for....are you ready?$110.including shipping

Post a picture of these EXPENSIVE GUPPIES and also the website you bought them from. I am dying to see what they look like. I was going to go to the LFS and get some male guppies-really pretty ones. Now I may wait and see what you have and order them.
Deb

cassandra said:
i was looking at guppys the other day at the fish store,and saw some cool ones, but are they cool to have, and would it be cool to put them in my tank since i put my betta in there, he was the last fish i put in??
;) Guppies are a lovely addition to any community tank. They have lovely colours, produce lots of fry, not as much as mollies, they have lovely temperments and are easy to look after.

I found myself, that the less fancy guppies, that you can buy from local fishstores insteads of breeders are allot easier to keep and stay alive! They are all rounded, more hardy.-they might be a little less colourfull, but the amount of ease to look after them outweighs that.

The male guppies might be attacked by the male betta. But as i have recently learned from others, guppies and bettas have successfully be kept togetther.
The bettas dont like the male guppies fancy tails very much. :no:
BUT... People have said on here, that it all depends onthe personality pf the betta!!!

Let us know if you do get the guppies, and the tank if fine, (NO DEATHS) id like to know myself, as im thinking of getting a male betta in my tank with my guppies etc
hope that helps... :nod: :nod: :nod:

when I never came to this sight or new that pregnant fish
can be stressed I put my bright blue pregnant female in a
breeder trap for 3 weeks! nothing happened to her she wasnt
a bit stressed.she isnt exactly really very fancy but very dazzling
and cost about 9 usd

Most reactions

Back