Aquarium Heater With Led Display

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

i have seen these at my LFS

personally i dont think i would trust the heaters reading,

i would still use another thermometer to make sure the reading was accurate,

nothing will ever beat good old mercury

I'd go for old fashion heaters, These have a habit of breaking and killing your fishes. But google reviews if you must :B

I have the Fluval E heater similar concept as the one you have posted, mine's set at 24.5°C to get my tank thermometer to read 24°C (I would never rely solely on the heater display) Water  temperature has never varied by more than half a degree when using it,  which can't be said of all other mechanical contact heater types.
Only when my big daft Featherfin Catfish blocks the vents do I get a Low Flow warning (indication poor water circulation)

In the states i have been using this one for a while. I think I now own 5 to 7 of them.
http://www.kensfish.com/aquarium-supplies/aquarium-heaters/finnex-300-watt-hps-heater.html

It has a red digital display. It has a button on top, holding it down causes the setting to blink, when it doess you press the  button to raise the set temp desired one dg. At the top seeting the next push send it to the lowes setting and you go up from there.

It has two light displays. One shows the heater is plugged in- green and the other shows when it is actually heating- red. I have only had one fail and it basically blinked a lot and stopped heating.

I have had Ebo fail, Hagen fail, Stealth fail, Perfecto fail, Finnex fail. Nobody makes a 100% fail-proof heater, imo. Just hope when and if your's goes, it stops working rather than boiling the tank.

edited to add- i just bought a Cobalt heater to test it out of curiosity. (not a digital display)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back