Aquaone Users

bolivian_d

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently upgraded from an AquaOne 510 to an AquaOne 850. The 510 had a hole in the back of the filter that allowed me to run electrical cords (filter, heater and lights) through it enabling me to neatly fit both the hood and the filter onto the tank top with no over hang. I can not see a hole for the cords to run through the filter of my 850. Instead I have everything pushed forward a cm so that the cords hang out behind the filter. I.e. The hood/lights have a 1cm overhang. It might not sound like much but it bothers me. I prefer it when my cords have no contact with the water. Am I overlooking something or is this a flaw with the 850's design?

Cheers,

Don

Hey guys,

I recently upgraded from an AquaOne 510 to an AquaOne 850. The 510 had a hole in the back of the filter that allowed me to run electrical cords (filter, heater and lights) through it enabling me to neatly fit both the hood and the filter onto the tank top with no over hang. I can not see a hole for the cords to run through the filter of my 850. Instead I have everything pushed forward a cm so that the cords hang out behind the filter. I.e. The hood/lights have a 1cm overhang. It might not sound like much but it bothers me. I prefer it when my cords have no contact with the water. Am I overlooking something or is this a flaw with the 850's design?

Cheers,

Don

I have an 850; there is a gap at the back behind the filter unit where all the wires go; my problem is the wires for the lights have to go under the filter unit; I just pull them tight so they aren't in contact with water - just make sure you have a drip loop so that water doesn't run into the socket.

Most reactions

Back