Appropriate heater for 180 litre community tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Lindat

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The heater (300w) on my tropical. Community tank just broke. I noticed the temp had dropped slightly. I have a spare 100w heater and have put this in. I am ready to go to bed now but I am worried the spare heater is not good enough and the fish will be harmed. Please advise???

Replace the 300 watt as soon as possible. The 100 watt is better than nothing at all in the meantime.

I agree with Naughts, it's imperative to replace the 300watt heater with a new 300wat heater ASAP. The 100watt heater while better than nothing, just won't cut it I'm afraid.

Replace the 300 watt as soon as possible. The 100 watt is better than nothing at all in the meantime.
Thank you. All is well in the tank today. Temp stable. Fish ok. But I realise the heater will be working flat out to keep up with the volume of water. Will get new heater today. (I was in panic mode last night). Thanks for advice.

I agree with Naughts, it's imperative to replace the 300watt heater with a new 300wat heater ASAP. The 100watt heater while better than nothing, just won't cut it I'm afraid.
Thanks Howard. Intend to buy a new heater today. Fish ok overnight. I've stopped panicking now! Just hate the thought of possibility of losing fish through inexperience. It's really good to have this forum as a support. Thank you.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back