Anyone See Ultraviolet Yet?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I am planning to go see it tomorrow. Is it worth seeing? :/ :/ :/

I don't know, I am curious as well.

EDIT: For a minute there, I blanked and wrote a lengthy post on the Libertine, and then noticed your talking about Ultraviolet. Sorry for any confusion. :rolleyes:

Saw it last weekend. I was rather disappointed in it. Not exactly what I was expecting. I expected the comic book feel and was okay with that. But the fight scenes were anti-climatic, the acting was not so bad (though I still believe Milla should go back to being just a model). The plot was fine, but it wasn't clear for much of the movie. My fiance's dad fell asleep about 20 mintues into it because he couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. There's no mention of vampires or vampire like activitiy for much of it other than a visit to a blood bank or something at the beginning. Then suddenly they're talking about vampires................... Okay, so using "hemophage" or whatever it was, for their kind should have been a clue, but still. It was inconsistant I guess.

The three of us walked out saying "I want my money back". We've seen some duds (we see movies every weekend), and I've seen worse (Alone in the Dark springs to mind.....), but I'm not sure I could even say the movie was "entertaining". It could have been, but it seemed they rushed some things, maybe left some things out, etc. It felt imcomplete.

I did like the use of color (one fight scene, she's all in white, so are the bad guys, I love that kind of thing), wardrobe thoughout the movie was pretty good. Wish they would have turned her hair violet for the fight scenes and such. They only did that in a few scenes, making you think it was sort of her "about to kick some butt" thing, but then they didn't use it when you'd think they would. The weapons effects were sort of cool.

Overall, I'd say wait and rent it on DVD or catch it on cable TV.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back