Anti Bacterial Hand Gel Question

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
6,367
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
I have a bit of a problem washing my hands, I do it far too often! So my hubby got me an anti bacterial hand gel, which is great, but I end up washing it off again if I need to put my hands in one of my tanks (water changes, putting a plant back etc) are these gels safe to use when working with fish?
 
no...they are alcohol based and usually have perfumes added. if you get unscented ones(no perfume or dyes) you could use it before, rub your hands until it evaporates, doodle in the tank and then use it again. as long as it's dry by the time your hands go in the tank, and has no perfume or dyes, i cant see the harm in that as isopropyl alcohol leaves no residue when it evaporates and the "body" of the gel is usually aloe. just make sure its dry before sticking your hands in the tank.
cheers
 

Most reactions

Back
Top