Another Question

cheerycherry

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Points
0
sorry im full of a few questions tonight.

Hubby is medicating his tank with whitespot treatment and has had to take the carbon sponge out of filter.My tank is undergoing a fishless cycle so Is it going to be okay to put the sponge in my tank until he stops medicating?

Like I said he has whitespot in his tank so wanted to be sure it could go in mine and be ok? no fish will be going in my tank yet for minimum 3 weeks yet
 
I wouldn't risk it, and theres nothing for you to gain by putting it in yours unless I'm missing something?

And no such thing as a stupid question, much better you ask beforehand than make a mistake and ask how to fix it.
 
im presuming ur asking 2 put it in ur tank 2 try and cycle ur own tank quicker then yes it would probably work but for the sake of risk more than anythink else i wouldnt bother.... if came out of a tank that has whitespot there may well be whitespot within the sponge.


jen
 
Well he was going to put it in some aquarium water in a bucket but I thought maybe if it went in with mine it would help towards my filter cycling?

Or have I got that wrong?

Thank you jen we posted at the same time lol

So even if fish arent going to be going in for 3-4 weeks its still not worth doing?

thanx
 
Yeah I have questions Ooozing out of me :)

But yeah I do like to try do it the right way and ill leave off the sponge just in case.

Thank you
 

Most reactions

Back
Top